Saturday, November 14, 2009

Insurance

So my Canon XSI had an unfourtunate encounter with a pool last week. Everything was ruined. Water and electronics don't really mix.
The water didn't hurt my memory card. Here are a few tips on what you can try if you drop your electronics in water.
1. Don't turn it on to see if it still works till it's completely dry! If you turn it on and there is water in there it can cause it to short out and fry everything.
2. take everything apart and let dry. You can put it in a containter of rice. The rice helps draw out all the water. (if it's a phone take your SIM card out right away! Water usually doesn't hurt those)
3. pray :)
I have insurance so I have a new camera coming this week! I want to stress the importance of insuring our cameras! My insurance is $11/year because it's added to my home insurance.
If you don't have a good policy or your insurance won't cover you then call State Farm.
They have a personal articles policy for $40/year that covers up to $4,000 worth of items.
State Farm
Dan Eggbert
801-627-0590
P.S. Don't park the stroller too close to the pool on a windy day. :)
Happy Shooting

1 comments:

Marvett Smith November 15, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

Thanks for the great tips Hollie. I'm glad everything is going to work out.